Tuesday, June 05, 2007

I'm all done Monkeying Around!

I've been slacking on posting lately. It's certainly not for a lack of projects to post on either!
First up, finished Monkey Sock! Yeah!!


Monkey Stats: Pattern from Knitty
I used one less repeat on the leg, but other than that I pretty much followed the pattern. I used size 2 circ's and Spunky Electic in Mahagany from the Yarn Aboard Swap mate Jennifer. I loved working with this yarn. Its a superwash wool and it really softened up after a wash and dry. The pattern was really entertaining. Easy to remember and it was just enough to keep me interested without being boring or complicated. I think there will be more Monkeying around in my future!


Next up is the amazing box of goodies I received from my Secret Pal. Let me just say that Secret Pal knows how to pack a box!
She sent me some fingering weight wool from Knit Picks and a book on Scandanavian Mittens/Gloves. Totally awesome for when I learn colorwork!!! I love all the colors too. I got some Wildfoote sock yarn which I have been wanting to try in a sweet teal/blue color! She also made the cotton crochet bag for me... I think the bag will make a cute "sock in progress" bag! Also theres a spool of cute ribbon and there was some sweets, but they didn't make it to the photo shoot. Now last but sooo not least.... she sent me a drop spindle and some Roving (which I've been itching to learn!) !! SP10 also sent some instructions and I have been playing with it a bit but I don't really have much to show so far. Anyway it was an awesome package!! Thanks SP10!

No comments: