Thursday, February 15, 2007

Did someone say SNOW!

Yesterday and last night was our turn (North East) to experience the snow that everyone else seems to have gotten already.... Here's what I woke up to this morning.


This is from my deck... I did shovel out the car on Wednesday.. can't tell that now.


This is before I ventured outside... my front steps... somewhere.. there was A LOT of drifting last night.. 4ft+ in some areas on my lawn...

I had to walk around to get my shovel on the back deck where I left it yesterday from shoveling out around the bird feeders... I couldn't open the back door it drifted up so high.

Berkley really really thought he wanted to go outside... well he went after I shoveled off the back deck a bit... but where he thought he was going I don't know...there was no way he was going to venture over those snow banks...
Now he's wishing he stayed inside.. the batteries in the camera died so I missed the shot of him turning around and heading into the door... thats as far he went... first step! Smart Cat.
Last night my butt stayed HOME! This is what I worked on in front of the tv.. my new sock .

Lorna's Laces Shepard Sock in Tahoe from my secret pal.. on size 1 circs's in the pattern "Columbine Peak" from the book "Socks Soar on Circular Needles".... cuff is getting there.. !

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The drifts were something else, weren't they? My peacocks almost didn't get breakfast Thursday morning. I couldn't get to the barn!

Carola said...

Nice snow drift pictures and it is so funny to see your Berkley' reaction to it. I am curious to see your LL's knitted up. The Tahoe colourway always looked so very variegated to me but it looks very different on your blog. I'm waiting... ;-)