Secret Pal 10 Questionaire.
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Mostly I knit with wool or any blend of wool and a natural fiber. I've knit a little with cotton. I'm not a fan of novelty yarns or 100% acrylics. I love hand dyed yarn. Self striping is ok too.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I use tall narrow basket for the straights. My circulars store in the Denise Case they came in.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I've been knitting since 1997. I learned in a 3 session course at the Local Joann's Fabrics Store. I haven't learned yet how to do Fair Isle or Intarsia. I only stripe if I do multiple colors. I've done lots of differant stitch work. I have done any lace work but I do have yarn and patterns for it and look forward to starting something for Christmas this year. I would say maybe Advanced Beginner or borderline Intermediate because I havent done multi-color work.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.)
I like woodsy, floral, food scents. Really most anything.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
I like chocolate with or without nuts. Milk and Dark Chocolate. My favorite is chocolate and peanut together! I also love Jelly Belly Jellybeans.. any flavor and anything peppermint or spearmint flavored.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
Other crafts I enjoy are cross stitch, embroidery of most kinds, sewing. I haven't learned to spin. I have thought about getting a drop spindle and try to learn. I've become a Do-it-yourselfer around the house. Woodworking and building and remodeling have taken up a lot of my spare time lately. I like to garden and cook as well.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
My computer plays MP3's. I like country and classic rock mostly. But I will listen to others as well.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
My favorite color is Blue (any shade). I like darker or rainbow shades including woodsy tones too, greens and browns. Lately a lot of Brown and blue or pink combos have found their way to my stash.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I am single, one cat and no kids.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
yes, I would wear a poncho, just havent knit one yet. I knit hats then never wear them. I love mittens and scarves.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
things i can get a lot of wear out of, sweaters, vests. I seem to be knitting a lot of socks and mittens too. I also knit scarves because they are quick and easy.
13. What are you knitting right now?
I have a sock started from a Secret Pal 9 package. I started a new sweater as well.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Yes I love them.
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I have the Denise circ. set and since I cant use my aluminum straights without my wrists getting sore. Guess I prefer circs. now. Except for my wood size 9 straights. They dont bother me. Bamboo are ok, but I think wood are better. I just started knitting my socks on circulars using either Addis Turbos or Knit Picks circs. I love socks on circs now.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Yes to both.
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
2 years at most, but its near done.
18. What is your favorite holiday?
19. Is there anything that you collect?
The question should read "Is there anything you DON'T collect?"... I collect stamps, postcards, tart burners, dishes of all kinds, baskets, antiques... all kinds of stuff.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I subscribe to Interweave Knits. I've never knit with Koigu or Wildfoote sock yarn.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I would like to learn Intarsia and Fair Isle.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes. I wear a size 8 womens med. width shoe and sock.
23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)