Saturday, May 10, 2008

New Stash

Lately the knitting needles have been taking a break. In fact it's been a long break so far. I didn't intend for it to happen it just did. Most of my knitting time happens in the evening during tv time. But there hasn't been much on tv lately and I've been getting home from later and later due to time spent at the gym. Thats not really a bad thing just bad for my knitting. If I'm really truthful it's not just the lack of time knitting its been a lack of interest too. I used to be on Ravelry A LOT. I'd sneak in there inbetween busy work times, early morning and late at night. I'm lucky if I can claim to half a dozen visits in a week now. Guess I'm just in a knitting slump! But I'm definately not in a sewing slump! These items arrived at my house yesterday from Vogue Fabrics.



This some blue and brown cotton lawn that I scored for 1.99 yd! I couldn't pass it up. I also bought the following Brown cotton lawn as well. Same price. I took two yards of each. I was originally thinking skirts but they (at least one) may end up as a top instead. It's a rather sheer cotton so whatever I decide it will need some lining or a tank underneath. Still I love these prints. I think they are very Amy Butlerish.



Then I also saw this chiffon sheer for 1.99 yd. I grabbed just one yard thinking it make a cute sleeveless top as well (again requiring some sort of lining). I love the gold thats worked through it.



The last find I have to post is the Blue Merino Wool knit. I LOVE this color. The fabric has a nice light drape, not heavy at all. I purchased 2 yds thinking some sort of a jacket but now it may be a top. I'm gonna hold off before making any final decisions as the new fall patterns will be out soon.

No comments: