Friday, April 25, 2008

Gardening and Sewing

I don't have any pictures to post today but the spinach I planted last week is UP! That was quick. I guess my mini greenhouse did the trick. Now we wait and see how the lettuce fairs. I also planted two rows of peas two nights ago. We're supposed to get cold and icky weather next week. Peas love that. I wanted to get them in intime for it. Also I've got tons of flowers are in blossom, again no pictures. : (

Last night I started working on a Blouse. Its from the popular Built by Wendy pattern 3835. I got it cut, side and back seam sewn and part of one sleeve sewn in. My needle hit a pin and I went to change it and realized that my mom has currently has all my sewing supplies. I keep all my extra needles and tools in an old tin can. She needed some things to fix her machine with and I just lent her the whole can. It's been a while and I'd forgotten about. It will be at least a couple more days before I can finish that. I did try it on as it was and it does fit so far. I wasn't sure if I'd like the pattern on me so I did this version out of some very inexpensive quilting fabric. I think it was 4.99 yd and 40% off that. So even if I screw it up or don't like it I'm not out much.

No comments: